When your child is being christened, you will be excited – as it will be a great chance for the whole of the family to get together and celebrate the birth and future life of your child. However, it is important that you make the occasion stand out in people’s memories, and the best thing to do in this respect is to think about the party decorations, and ensure that you have everything sorted for the big day itself. If you’re not too sure about everything that you might need to get ready, then this list will help you.
- Balloons. This is something that all parties need. You could do something as simple as blue for a boy or pink for a girl, or you could have another theme entirely.
- Chair covers. Not all rooms that you hire will have high quality chairs, and this means that you might want to think about getting hold of some chair covers. Doing this gives you the chance to add to your theme, too, which means that you should make sure they match with everything else that you have in mind.
- Photographs. Lots of people don’t get their child christened until they are more than a year old, and if this is the case then you may wish to display photos from their earlier days as a baby, for anyone who might not have been able to come to visit that early. You can either display these around the room, or put them on a projector – both would be effective.
- Hanging lanterns. If you are having an evening party as a part of your christening then you may wish to make the most of hanging lanterns – as they can add a huge amount of mood to the occasion. You could either choose one colour, or a number of different colours to add a bit of vibrancy to your décor.
- Tablecloths. Every little detail matters, and this means that making sure that all tables have a great tablecloth is something that you will need to think about. It’s up to you whether you want to buy proper cloths or whether disposable sheets are enough, but no matter which you choose you will still be able to make an impact for your occasion.
If you’re not sure about exactly what you would like for the christening, then writing down a plan of your theme would be a good place to start. This can include things like colours and ideas, and you should then find that things start to fall into place in a way that allows you to come up with ideas that you can use for the big day. There can be a lot to organise in time for a christening, and for this reason it is great if you are able to get the decorations sorted well in advance, as this means that you know the room is going to look great no matter what else might happen with regards to the big day.